VR Matters is an Official Matterport® Local Reseller, we also offer Matterport related services and support.
If you deal with properties & space related projects, we are here to help!
AEC PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Matterport measurements are generally accurate to within 1% of reality, under normal operating conditions. Decalibration, abnormal temperatures, and other factors may result in reduced accuracy. In a 10 ft long room (120 in or 304 cm), measurements can vary within 1.2 in (3 cm) from actual. In addition, objects smaller than 1″ in any dimension may not appear. This also applies to very shiny or very dark objects since not enough light is reflected back to form a mesh.
Matterport for the AEC industry supports the rapid documentation of construction projects. With this service, firms can now:
- Monitor the progress of a project
- Assess risks, damage and safety practices, sharing data with stakeholders
- Provide nearly unlimited photos of project sites
- Access measurement information for planning
- Provide clients with a simple, mobile visualization tool for facility management
- Complete site documentation delivered in 24h, from scan to final product
More information here : https://matterport.com/3d-scanning-construction-engineering
Learn more: https://vimeo.com/242137720
The value of Matterport 3D is in the ability to save the architect, engineer, inspector, bidder, banker, and public safety official time and money by not having to go to the location, by being able to see it virtually with a fairly high degree of accuracy the enduser would be able to.
- Sign off on permits/inspections
- Have As-built plans when completed
- Release funds for the next phase of constructions
- Clear understanding of the floor plan before you enter the building
- Expedites services through collaboration and email links
Laser scanning provides higher levels of accuracy and a denser point cloud. The matterport solution provides higher quality imagery and a walk through experience along with a lighter weight, easier to manage point cloud (no post scan registration required). Those are the main differences in a nutshell. If point cloud density and millimeter accuracy are required, then laser scanning may be the right answer. If what matters is high quality visuals, easy scanning, a good walk through experience, etc. then Matterport is the right answer. Also, our product is far easier and in most cases, far faster to use and a much lower price point.
In 4 hours we can cover 1000m2 and up to 200 scans.